Saturday, February 5, 2011

Winter Wonderland?

It seems like all I've been hearing about lately is the crazy blizzards people are having. Up north some people have barely been able to get out of their homes. Down south, the unusual weather is having kids put socks on their hands - I guess they don't see any need for actual gloves. Who needs fingers anyway?




I hear complaints from everyone about how cold it is. (Although, not from my sister who lives in Florida. When she says it's cold, I ignore her.) Weather can be a real issue. It's not always just the polite conversational piece for when you don't know what to talk about. For example:



Being without my own car for almost a month gives me great sympathy for these people. "So where is your car?" "Oh, it's on the interstate, most likely getting run over by a snow plow."

While everyone else surrounding North Carolina was getting snow. We were at a balmy 70 degrees.




True to my prediction, the very next day we were here:

Cold and rainy.



All this time I am sitting here wondering-
    Where is MY winter wonderland?



I admit I am not the average North Carolinian who loves warm weather and complains when it gets down to 40 degrees. Although I get cold easily, there is such a thing called winter clothing, it really is a fabulous creation. I want nothing more than to look outside and see white everywhere and it would be even better if that somewhere happened to be in NYC. But for now, I am trucking through the rain, dreamily transporting myself to my very own winter paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment