Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Beginnings

I realized just how horrible I have been about posting on this blog. I started it a while back to keep people up to date with my daily life, especially as those I love no longer live right next door to me. It's been over a year since I last posted, and what a year it has been. So much has happened, but one of the biggest is I moved across the country.

For 6 months I lived in Berkeley, CA. It was gorgeous there. The weather was between 55 and 72 degrees daily. Being on the San Francisco Bay with breathtaking views was truly and experience. Sadly I don't have many pictures as my camera is lost battery power and I couldn't find my charger, oh and I lost my USB cable. Are you noticing a trend?

I always thought that the pictures of San Francisco must be altered some to make it look prettier, and that the pictures of the golden gate bridge must be taken at special occasions when it could really look that beautiful and have the fog hit it in just such a way. But I quickly found out that California is just a land of fairy tales and beauty. Driving to IKEA we would look to our right and the bay would lay out before us like a cool and serene gem with the city in the background. It's amazing how quickly we become accustomed to such magnificence and it becomes 'normal'. I appreciate it doubly now that I am back home in North Carolina.

I had adventures, learned a lot about myself, thought I was going to get murdered, was on the bridge when there was a suicide attempt, got lost, befriended homeless people, had a random person smoking crack in my neighbors back yard, made friends, lived in a place I never thought I would, saw beauty, walked into as many art galleries as I could, and had an all around experience. It is easy to glorify things more when you are no longer there. I am not saying it was an easy experience. It pushed me in every single way, but I know that we can only grow from our experiences. I can honestly say that I know that being back in NC is the right thing for me at the moment, but I have absolutely no regrets moving out to CA.

No comments:

Post a Comment